“Cannot connect to the network folder. Ensure the shared folder name is correct”
TL;DR: Switch SMB 1.0/CIFS support ON in Windows 10. Share folder to everyone. Maybe use the computer’s user/pass. Done.
My HP LaserJet 300 colorMFP M375nw suddenly stopped scanning to a network folder in Windows 10. After many hours of futile searching, I have found the solution.
Perhaps it is not the safest solution, but heck it needs to work. Now.
If you have not changed anything to your share folder, please proceed to step 2.
Setting up your shared folder is a drag in Windows 10, since you can basically do it in multiple ways with one showing something differently than the other.
1. R-Click the folder that you want to share
2. Click Properties
3. Click the Share tab
4. Select Everyone in the pull-down menu
5. Click Add
6. Select Read/Write on the right of the Everyone entry
7. Click the Share button
8. Click Ready or OK
9. Close the Properties window
1. Open the control panel
2. Click Programs and Features
3. Click Programs and Functions in the top right corner
4. Click Add/Remove Windows Features in the left column. (the one with the shield ,I am translating this from Dutch)
5. Search for SMB 1.0/CIFS support and check that box
6. Click OK
Thing should be working again and if not, do check if the shared folder address in your printer’s share panel is correct.