Doing a large MySQL dump

After discovering that PHPMyAdmin is not suitable to dump or insert large databases, I did a quick search into how things are done by command line.

This worked well and my database was finally not corrupted. Host 1 is a cheap shared hosting provider with a few limitations regarding to internal data transfer, CPU and memory. Host 2 is a VPS with 4 cores, 4GB of memory with an overall decent data speed.

Keep the passwords ready for both hosts.

HOST 1

mysqldump -u [USERNAME] -p [DBNAME] | gzip > [/path_to_file/DBNAME].sql.gz

Copy the file over to Host 2

HOST 2

gzip -d [/path_to_file/DBNAME].sql.gz
[/path_to_mysql/]mysql -u [USERNAME] -p

Be very aware of what you are doing in the next steps since it involves a drop. And when you drop the wrong database, all that’s left is the cold sweat on your forehead.

SHOW DATABASES;
DROP DATABASE [DBNAME];
CREATE DATABASE [DBNAME];
USE [DBNAME];
SOURCE [/path_to_file/DBNAME].sql;

Done.

Saucysauce and more about conditional dumping: https://www.lullabot.com/articles/importexport-large-mysql-databases

BSOD STOP 0x0000007B

TLDR;

Prior to installing:
1. load the virtual drivers iso
2. set all interfaces to IDE, because old shit.


Problem:
BSOD STOP 0x0000007B on the first start of migrated virtual machine
Symptoms:
After migration of your PC into the Parallels virtual machine you receive Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) with error message STOP 0x0000007B at the first start.
Resolution:
  1. Try to change virtual Hard Drive location to IDE
    1. Go to the Virtual Machine Configuration -> Hardware tab -> Hard Disk 1
    2. Change Location from SATA to IDE or from IDE to SATA.
  2. Or use Windows installation CD to recover Windows installation. To learn how to repair your Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation in a Virtual Machine in both normal and Boot Camp Windows Virtual Machines.

Adding SSH keys to Github

For Debian 9 (and MacOS)

  1. Check for old keys
    1. cd ~/.ssh
    2. ls id_*
  2. Backup old keys
    1. mkdir keys_backup
    2. cp id_* keys_backup
  3. Generate a new key
    1. ssh-keygen -t rsa -C "your_email@example.com"
    2. don’t use a passphrase
  4. Go to the key directory
    1. cd ~/.ssh
  5. Download the public key
  6. Open the key in Notepad++ (or similar)
  7. Log in at github.com
  8. Click on the right side on your profile picture
  9. Click on Settings
  10. Click on SSH and GPG Keys
  11. Click on New SSH Key
  12. Create a new name for the key
  13. Paste the contents of the public key into the Key field
  14. Click on Add SSH Key

Done.

I fixed my fuse in Debian 8

[root@conrad ~]# apt-get autoremove
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up fuse (2.9.3-15+deb8u3) ...
Creating fuse device...
/run/udev or .udevdb or .udev presence implies active udev.  Aborting MAKEDEV invocation.
chmod: cannot access '/dev/fuse': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package fuse (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 fuse
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have no idea why my fuse got bonked, but I simply made a folder named fuse in the dev folder and everything works as intended again.

In-place upgrade of a Themelr template (Joomla)

From: http://answers.themler.io/articles/173620/how-to-fix-the-error-after-updating-to-joomla-3-9

How to Fix the error after updating to Joomla 3.9

If you updated to the latest version and the following error appears when you try to launch Themler please follow the instruction below:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '[...]/administrator/includes/toolbar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.2') in [...]/templates/[theme_name]/app/index.php on line 25

  1. Open theme folder on the server: www/Joomla_directory/templates;
  2. open /app folder;
  3. open index.php for editing in any html or text editor;
  4. find the line
    require_once JPATH_BASE . DS . 'includes' . DS . 'toolbar.php';
    and replace it with the following line:
    $prefix = version_compare(JVERSION, '3.9', '>=') ? 'sub' : '';
    require_once JPATH_BASE . DS . 'includes' . DS . $prefix . 'toolbar.php';
  5. open /app/start folder;
  6. open data.php file for editing and follow step 4;
  7. open manifest.php file for editing and follow step 4;
  8. start Themler.

Final update about the JBL Speaker

It’s well established that it is a fake. It’s well constructed as everything sits pretty well together with only 8 screws. From that I’ve seen, the original speaker has many many more screws.

So, the logic board is quite different from the original and it has 2 speakers instead of four. I recommend you look at this video to see how the original inside looks like: LINK

Now look on how the Chinese JBL looks on the inside:

If you want to upgrade it, have a look here: LINK